View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 07:59 PM

Default Thank You All

Thank you all so much for the replies!

Kathy,
I have read your posts too, how are your doing? Thank you for your kind words, but I just don't know how I CAN do this right now. I have no doubt that I WILL finish my degree at some point, but for now I am afraid I am screwed. I have never given up on anything, but I just don't know how I can possible continue in my current state. WAIT! I just thought of a way! If someone would come and cut me in half, just below the ribs, then they could throw out the pain, then I could continue!

I thank you for your prayers and your reply.

dshobbies,
I assure you I have tried everything I can. Ice does not help the pain, it does cool me down, but that's about it. I have an internal SCS but it causes additional chest and thoracic pain. I have not tried an inversion table in some time. I did get one and it seemed to aggravate things so it is out in the shed. The one thing that sometimes helps is a hot bath, but that will have to wait until my home health aid arrives this evening. Getting me out of bed and into (and out of) the tub is an ordeal all in itself! I always feel like I am imposing when I ask for that service on days when it is not scheduled. My aide is great and I'm sure she will if I ask, but the last couple of times that has caused spasms!

Phylly, I have read your posts. How are you doing? Thanks for the reply!! I am an online student. My classroom is my bed. I live in the middle of nowhere in Missouri, a tiny little town with a population of 297. The nearest hospital is nothing more than a band-aid station. Seriously. Back in 1996 I broke my foot and they did not have the facilities to put on a cast!

Dr. J., 4.0 in Bio-Chem, WOW! Tough major, my hat is off to you, congrats. I contacted the school last week to let them know of my 'medical emergency' and I have heard nothing. Class just started Monday. It is very frustrating, theses last two classes are electives. I already have 132.2 semester credit hours. All requirements for my major and minor have been met EXCEPT the college requirement of 39 UL credit hours with the school. I was hoping that they would waive these last two courses and let me graduate... I am still within the time frame that I can drop the courses with a 'W' and take them later, but not if I am to graduate in May.

I was on track to enter Law School, but there is no way if I don't get my back fixed. I was hoping to make it until May and then have surgery, recovery and still be on track for Law School. But if I don't graduate in May then this could be a problem. But, I suppose my bigger problem is that I don't have a surgeon! Prior to Feb. / March of this year I was able to get up and out in my wheelchair for a few hours (most days). Now I can't even do that.

Quitting has never been in my vocabulary. I am so frustrated! I know there is no way that I can maintain my GPA for these last two courses with my current pain levels.

Thanks Again for all your replies and support!

Last edited by kc0iet; 03-29-2009 at 08:01 PM.