View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 06:54 PM

When I was having so many problems with my prodiscs I knew after many consultations that I really did not want to fuse over them. Half (2) of the doctors wanted to do that and half (2) wanted to remove them and then fuse. They felt that taking them out would give me a better chance of healing. The other surgeons felt that trying to take them out would be life threatening and did not want to try. I knew the surgery was risky but I trusted my surgeon even though he did not have quantity in his favor. I had already gone to the quantity surgeon twice with bad results. I know most others would not have done what I did and I hope that I did the right thing. Now at almost 7 weeks post fusion and can do more with less pain than the past two years. I am early in the process but feel good and my back hardly hurts unless I am on my feet standing still for hours. I still have some leg pain but not as severe as before. I have been able to sit in the car for an hour and just went away for the weekend for the first time in ages.

I hope that you are able to travel to see someone who can help you. It is not right that you are spending your life in bed and in so much pain. If you have a non-union fusion perhaps you can still take the discs out??? I hope that you can get some answers.
Phylly
Discogram concordant pain @L4-S1 Aug. 07
Prodisc ADR's at L4-S1 November 2007
Foraminotomy July 08 for Sciatica
Continued problems and back pain worsened
Prodiscs removed and discs fused at L4-S1 Feb. 09