View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 09:39 PM

Talking Responding to Answers

Thanks for the feedback! Well--first I live in Danville, VA (45 miles North of Greensboro, NC) but the Spinal Surgeon that I saw today has a very good reputation, Dr. Jeffrey Beane--located on Benjamin Parkway in Greensboro, NC. He apparently was the Chief Orthopedic resident with the Penn State football team and has been practicing for awhile. Has been in the Greensboro, NC area since 1993--so if anyone knows about him please comment positively or negative. But he seemed very confident and I was pleased with his discussions with me.

Bottom line--first time I had seen MRI pictures and even I could tell what I was looking at from what I've read on spineuniverse.com Yuck! Definitely the L4-L5 is blown out and I can see where the annulus part is just smashing into the nerve--no wonder my whole right leg is going numb and weak. I was basically told yeah you can do epidurals but just a band-aid effect and doing the surgery will definitely relieve the pain. I was also told yes it could rupture again and no promises and there is possibility of scar tissue, but bottom line I would rather fix now while I'm just 42 and then prolonging and making matters worse or causing the bulging in the L3 to become ruptured as well. For those that are reading my comments do you feel that makes sense--I just feel like fixing now the best he can instead og making matters worse and not being able to move right leg at all or causing further damage. Please respond at your earliest convenience! Look forward to your responses. Thanks again! John