Thread: DIAM vs ADR
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 01:00 AM

Thanks for the reminder. My concern was that you have provided the only other information so far on DIAM other than the manufacturer and surgeon. I've read and talked to quite a few actual patients of ADR, but none with the spacer, so I am obviously trying hard to get some information about them.

Since you have actually spoken to a surgeon with experience, I need to take this with just a bit more than a grain of salt. I realize it is only one voice, but it is a more neutral one than I have had.

I'm not sure if I fit into your catagory of 'older patient' . I'm in my mid 50s...how diplomatic can you be ? The surgeon has done about 150 of these DIAM surgeries, but I will have to ask how many levels he has done, of each one. Thanks for that question, as well as the other one about continued degeneration. I hadn't thought of those. Ya done good

The other surgeon I mentioned only thought I needed two ADRs in the lumbar and two in the neck, and this fellow wants three DIAM in the lumbar and one in the neck. I wish they were all on the same page; it would make the decisions so much easier.

I don't know if it matters, but I don't have any leg pain, just all in the lumbar area.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.