View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 12:57 PM

Default Enough is enough

I agree with Terry but I'm more blunt. For whatever reason, this poor man's passing from a drug related problem and what his family has had to endure has unfortunately been turned and twisted into more bashing of a truly great surgeon. This negative marketing of medical tourist companies really does interfere with people that are sincerely looking for help and advice. I doubt that they care if anyone gets commission on the surgeries or treatments as long as they find relief.

This particular thread has extremely bad timing. I had just left for Stenum for a 2 level ADR when my wife read this thread. She has been a wreck. Due to this negative marketing technique, she didn't know if I was coming home in a wheelchair or a body bag. This is an extremely irresponsible and juvenile act on his part. My wife called the hospital while I was in the recovery room. They brought a phone to me so I could talk to her and ease her worries. Dr. Ritter-Lang was at my bedside when this happened and told us both that the surgery went well.

Mark. You claim you don't use this site as a marketing tool for your medical tourist business. You most definitely do to a great extent. Why don't you disclose exactly your motivations, your medical credentials and education. You may as well also disclose your commission per patient with Dr. Bertgnoli and others as well. Let's really get to the root of all of this. I think your "noble" facade will be seen for what it truly is if you finally admit to using this site to sell, sell, sell. I wonder if you would have this vicious attitude toward Stenum had they hired you when tried to be employed here. I guess that ethics exam was a tough one, eh?

By the way, my L4/L5 and L5/S1 Mavericks are well placed and I haven't had any serious pain meds since 48 hours post surgery. The entire staff here at Stenum has been terrific and very helpful. If anyone would like first hand details, I'd be happy to answer any and all questions. Additionally, I do not get any renumeration for relaying my experience at Stenum Hospital nor do the other four patients that had the exact great experience I have had with Stenum.

One last thing. Mark, do not ever call my house again. Each time I've mentioned Stenum in a post either here or on ADR Support, you seemed it your duty to call me and try to sell me away from them. If you feel compelled to apologize for the anguish you put my wife through, do it by discontinuing this Amway marketing practice. By the way, I checked. Stenum doesn't perform ADR on dogs. Perhaps you should take yours to Dr. Bertgnoli?

Bob Threlkel at yahoo.com
04/07 Recurrent Disc Surgery L5/S1
3 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 3 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 Maverick ADR at L4/L5 & L5/S1
03/27/09 The Lord and Dr. Ritter-Lang returned my life to me.