View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 08:37 PM

trkdoc714,

First, let me say that I am very happy for you. I too would have likely written a similar response my first few months post op. I have never had a bad word to say for the staff or accommodations in the new American ward at Stenum Hospital.

BUT, how dare you insinuate that my post was not based in fact! I came to this board because I wanted to share my story and because I am again facing surgery. I had a 2 level ADR at Stenum in 2004 and a fusion in 2006. I have been in a wheelchair and homebound spending an average of 20 hours a day in bed ever since. The reason I came to this site now, is because my pain has increased to an uncontrollable level, now AND I have emailed and written Stenem several times with absolutely no reply or response in any way.

I too am a person that bases everything on fact. I posted my story as honestly and truthfully as I possibly could. Had Stenum made any effort to contact me, that information would have been included in my story, but they have not. Now I am looking at a two or three level 360 fusion, the very thing that cost me everything to avoid. I do not have the funds to see the only doctor in the country that might be able to save me from this destiny.

The one thing I can agree with is that I have not seen or heard about the poor results since Stenum changed to the Maverick Disc, but that does not change what happened to me, John, Mr. B, and all the others.

I am sincerely happy for you and wish for you nothing but the best and a continued pain free life. I have no doubt that you will leave Stenum (as did I) feeling hopeful, happy and grateful. You have as much right to post your opinion as anyone but I do take it personally when someone states that my story is not based in fact. I would never post anything but the facts.