View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 12:30 AM

Default your doctor

My OSS long ago told me on the first meeting he didn't prescribe pain meds and I said "ok" never thinking I'd need them as I had made it thru some near 20 years of pain and 2 spine surgeries with one awfully failed one and still wasn't on pain meds..

Lo and behold when I did reach that point. It wasn't my OSS that made the referral to a Pain Management doctor rather my PCP. When I started pain meds I later told my OSS and he was said "ok".. he just didn't do the prescribing.

He's not been the doctor that's given me the best explanations of my results or some other things but he has served his purpose in terms of working with me as my now going on 11th year as Primary Treating Physician for WC.

I'd also advise you to find a PM doc and maybe get a 2nd opinion on your results and then if you're able to and want to make a switch to the other or another doctor go ahead.

Some doctors don't respond well to tears. They are in a rush already and may not be the best at handling someone in the midst of an emotional *thing*.. I'm not making excuses for him just know that sometimes it's just something we have to do in terms of letting it all hang out and that's all there is to it.

If a tissue were offered me these days I'd think that was helpful!

Ok so really my advice is just to make sure you get your pain managed esp. if no other treatment plan was offered and probably at least another opinion or two and then see if you feel like changing your doc for another.

Hang in there!