View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 04:04 AM

Hi Mary,
I don't post too often anymore but I am always around reading the posts. I can so relate to your experience.
It seems that because your Doc doesn't understand the source of your pain therefore your pain is not that bad in his eyes.
My back surgeon may not be world famous or anything like that but when I was working as a nurse and taking care of his "back patients" (which I must confess I hated), the thing he said to me about his patients that always stuck was "just because I can't find what is causing their pain doesn't mean their pain isn't real and of the severity they say. It means I must work harder to try to find what is wrong." It is because I remembered this statement from this Doc, that after being treated like your were by another surgeon with a nasty little attitude, I left his office and never went back.

I went to the surgeon with the belief in me and belief in patients right to be as pain free as possible.

Find another Doctor! One who will treat you with dignity which includes the right to pain management!

Last edited by fireyangel76; 04-02-2009 at 04:08 AM.