View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 07:06 AM

Default my response

The stupid thing my doctor said was "The dynesys will help your discs heal!!!!" What a lying slime just to get me on the OR table and make my life miserable for 1 year and a half so he could pocket extra fees above the decompression procedure by adding hardware with no class I data to support it's efficacy or safety for that matter. The dynesys has been proven that it doesn't help disc heal and there was no proof that it did so he was just making stuff up or reiterating what the rep told him. My surgeon had a fiduciary duty to check out the claims the rep made. Put the dynesys in the junk pile. I know, you know someone and their pain was relieved. That is anectdotal evidence and not a substitute for appropriate scientific study. It's indications are added stability during wide laminectomies and that is about it. People who received it with moderate decompression procedures during the same surgery and wake up and say "My nerve pain is gone!!!" and attribute it to the dynesys just got played. The dynesys implanted by itself scored poorly in non industry biased studies. My friend who had it done in the UK told me her surgeon gave a presentation at a small UK industry conference detailing 100% revision rate after 2 years for 14 patients. A zimmer rep was there and he snatched the presentation material and took off with it. It was stolen by an embarrassed rep!!!
Dynesys stabalization and decompression May 07
Removed Nov 08 Due to persistant debilitation bilateral nerve pain which resolved with removal