Thread: Opana?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 03:04 PM

Since Cheryl told us about her side effects and such, I thought I would post some things I have noticed about Opana-ER.

I actually feel like I have less of an issue with constipation, with Opana-ER than I had with the percocet, or some other pain meds I've tried. There is still some constipation, but it's manageable.

But what's also interesting, is that I have been taking neurontin for some nerve pain. I have been taking the same amount for a long time, and had still been having a good deal of leg/nerve pain. In fact I would say that the leg pain was more bothersome to me than the back pain. But, when I started taking Opana-ER, my leg/nerve pain is much less noticeable. And I haven't changed the dose of neurontin. So now, my back pain is more bothersome to me, than the leg pain.

Cheryl - If 20mg isn't working, have you talked to your doctor about increasing the amount? You might even ask about trying 20mg in the morning, and 10mg at night (or the other way around, whichever you think would be more beneficial). This is why my doctor has me taking two 10mg tablets twice a day, so that if I am feeling pretty good, I can go down to one 10mg tablet.

There was one week where I was feeling exceptionally well, and was down to taking just 20mg/day, but it didn't last. And since then, for some reason my pain has been higher and requires 40mg/day.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone