Thread: Opana?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 03:34 PM

Default do you think...

That PMs use Methadone as a last resort pain medication? I'm on a very low dose of it (12.5mg/day) and was on MS Contin for mo. when first starting pain meds but was too constipated on it and also had burning in my shoulders and knees I thought was osteoarthritis but after d/c'ing the MS Contin that all went away quickly.

I saw that the Morphine equiv to Methadone is 15mg of Morphine to 5mg of Methadone.

Supposedly it's one of the most difficult opioids to discontinue. I've only tried decreasing my dose and had some really terrifically painful responses so I maintain (choice of words) pretty well pain wise.

It seems that the people I see that are put on Methadone (other forum) are the ones that have tried other opioid pain meds and not achieved adequate relief or those that are deemed chronic pain patients that have no surgical options (at least at the time or no known surgical options w/docs they are seeing/see).

Mark, between the pain and the additional numbness that sounds scarey. Get things taken care of as soon as you are able.