Thread: Opana?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 04:34 PM

Default narcotic conversion ect.

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear you are in pain and having trouble getting the Rx you want to relieve the pain. You said that 5 mg oxy wasn't available? Did you mean oxycontin or oxycodone? A couple months ago there was a sever shortage of 5 mg. oxycodone in my area. For a few weeks, I had to switch to percocet (which isn't ideal for me (tylenol) on the high doses I needed at that time. I ended up calling all over to find a pharmacy that had managed to stock up on the 5 mg. oxycodone that I needed. I have never been on Opana, but I did try Kadian, which I believe is similar. It helped with sleep, but not with enough with pain. Sounds like you should find a better pharmacy. It took a long time, but I finally found the perfect pharmacy for me. The pharmacist and techs are extremely helpful, non judgemental, compassionate, and willing to help. Many of us have to visit our pharmacy every 4 weeks. It shouldn't be a negative experience. We have enough to do deal with already. Keep us updated on your neck issues. Melody
1975-scoliosis surgery,Harrington Rods, fused T2 to L4
Felt great in 20's and 30's....late 30's started having chronic neck and lower back pain. By 40 pain worsened enough to begin seeking surgical solutions.

ADR surgery much easier recovery than fusion!
This site has been a great source of information for me! I would be happy to help anyone who has questions.