View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 07:27 PM

Hi Melodyl,

When I asked my pain management doctor, who is an anesthesiologist, if I would have much trouble getting off the narcotics when I eventually have surgery, she said no.

Apparently there is a drug that has been out in the States for awhile, but is new in Canada this past fall, which allows you to taper off very quickly. She said I could be off morphine in less than a week. Unfortunately, since I don't need it yet, I didn't keep track of the name, but I remember talking to Terry Blackburn here on the board about it.

He has a great knowledge of medications, and may be able to remember what I was talking about. If not, he may have other ideas. I think he may be in the industry, but not sure.

Good luck with it. I was always worried about it until I got reassurances to the contrary. I was always also told that the body doesn't really get addicted to the pain meds if it is truly needed for pain. I hope that is true, but you seem to be arguing that point with your symptoms.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.