Thread: DIAM vs ADR
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 08:41 PM

Default The latest reply

I questioned the DIAM doctor again about why he thinks this device is better than the ADR for me specifically. Here is his reply. I am glad that he is direct, and obviously passionate. Any comments?

I can understand your concerns.

Let me tell you that I am a thinking doctor and my only mandate is to provide relief to my patients and excellence in work.

Let me put in capital letters - ARTIFICIAL LUMBAR DISC REPLACEMENT WILL BE A DISASTER IN YOUR CASE in the lumbar region. You are not a candidate for the same. Your problem is not the discs but the stenosis of the canal as a result of ligamentum flavum hypertrophy and facet joint osteoarthritis. Such a situation will not only rule out the possibility of disc replacement but also might make your condition your symptoms.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.