View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 10:02 PM

Default Good News!!

Just wanted to post an update.

I think I remember that someone asked me if it was possible to go to the school in person. Well, no not really. It is approximately 100 miles one way and by the time I got there and went through the go here, go there, go somewhere else, I would be in so much pain that I wouldn't be able to present my case and would still have to drive the 100 miles home.

HOWEVER, I have been presenting my case via email and facsimile up the chain all week. I don't remember if I posted that I had requested a waiver of the institutional requirement that would allow me to drop the two elective courses that stand between me and graduation. With much persistence, presenting my request all the way to the Executive Dean of Academic Affairs... (drum roll please) my waiver was approved!!

I feel like half of the weight has been taken off of my shoulders! This means that I have completed my Bachelors Degree! The disadvantage is that I will not get the Suma Cum Laude recognition (just short of the institutional credit hours requirement), but I have completed my undergraduate studies with a 4.0 GPA - 132.2 semester credit hours!

Now I can truly focus on my health and getting my back fixed so that I can continue with my goal of obtaining my Doctorate in Law. It seems like it has been a long time since I have had good new to share so I thought I would pass it along.