Thread: DIAM vs ADR
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 04:00 AM

Thanks guys. At least I don't feel quite so alone in this decision now. None of my friends are of any help of course, even my veterinarian She said either I would have been fixed by now if owners had a lot of money, or put down....sometimes the second doesn't sound so bad...we treat our animals better at times.

On a positive note, I've found some surgeons in the States who are willing to look at my images. I sent my MRIs to them, and are waiting for some feedback. More to the mix....and the other surgeon in the next province over is trying to fit me in over the next three months. Not quite as fast as I would have liked, but I told him I could come on a cancellation spot. He actually thought that the DIAMs might be indicated too, but will evaluate more. He also said that three DIAMs was bad, as it led to kyphosis. Oh Goodie.....

Also, a date has been set for my Appeal with the Government Insurance, April 30, just 27 more days! But I just learned that if I win this, I would only be approved for Stenum, not for the DIAM, as I did not apply for that, just ADR. What a circus. I could have to start this all over again if I am meant to get the spacers instead.

Kathy, thanks so much for the information about your relative. I'll chat more tomorrow.

The good news is the Appeal Board agent said that my submission was as thorough as any lawyer's, and has a better than 0% chance at winning Actually she said that presentations this thorough often have favourable results, but I'm not holding my breath.

Is it permissible to post one of my MRIs? Or should I just send it privately to the lucky few who have given me permission? I appreciate any and all feedback as I can't get any more confused than I already am!

Dr. B. is starting to sound like a good option for advice.....thanks for that.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.