Thread: DIAM vs ADR
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 02:33 PM

Hi Mark and all,

Thanks for this. You probably don't know all the facts, as they are scattered and buried in several posts. The kicker here is that the doctor advocating DIAM does both them and ADR. As does the Canadian doctor who lives in the next province over, just four hours away.

My issue with him is that he only does lumbar, not cervical, and that means I'll need another surgery with someone else anyway, and I am being told that the cervical is urgent, that any small accident can cause quadriplegia. Oddly enough, I have almost no pain in that area, just occasionally when I look up or am typing too much, like yesterday

The odd thing is when the neck pain does flare up, the pain medication that does work for my back doesn't touch the cervical pain.

I believe that Stenum can probably put in the DIAM as well, and have written to ask that, and have also sent over the other doctor's concerns. I just hope I haven't burned my bridges by doing that.

I will consider the suggestion about Dr. B. We aren't exactly overflowing with money right now, but who is, so that is my main issue. If we are going to go anywhere, every penny counts, but it has to be the right trip though. So, do you think he would take a nice painting instead? I'm an artist in real life

So is it OK to post the image here or am I breaking protocol? The problem with being a newbie...don't know all the rules yet
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.