Thread: DIAM vs ADR
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 07:17 PM

Thanks Kathy,

I have to be honest, the trials scare me! If these are experiments, then the chance of something going wrong is much greater, no? One of my dear friends is in a drug trial for a lung disease that is slowly but surely taking her life. But that is the only option she has except for a transplant, and she will go on that list when she gets bad enough.

I have an appointment with Dr. Fabien Bitan in NYC for early next week. He has my MRI and says, like the DIAM doctor, that my cervical 5/6 level is an emergency, is very urgent. My lumbar is JUST giving me pain, but not that important but he can do something there after the cervical surgery. He wouldn't even discuss it now, he was so worried about the other. Nothing like scaring the cr@* out of a girl!

So I'll go down there for an assessment. It is about an eight hour drive, so I hope I'm up for it, but it's better than waiting three months for the other doctor in Quebec. And, he says he needs another MRI, because the last one they took is FUZZY. Good Gawd, we wait months for one, and this is what we get????? Unfortunately, I don't have the $2K it will take to get one there, so will take my other MRI that is a year older down with me, along with past CT scans too. That should suffice, he hopes.

OK, I'm going to try and attach two of my images as well. I cropped the personal information off them and also to reduce their size. And yes, I have gotten rid of that extra padding that's showing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cropped Lumbar MRI (Small).jpg (16.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Cropped Cervical Image (Small).jpg (17.1 KB, 7 views)
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.

Last edited by Katie; 04-03-2009 at 08:49 PM.