View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 03:11 AM

OMG Terry, don't do that to me! I'm having a hard enough time trying to find a farm sitter on such short notice as it is, for just three days. We might have to take our dog with us, if we can only get the neighbour to feed the horses and cats instead of getting someone to live in. Thank heavens his shots are up to date and he loves the car (The dog, not the neighbour )

Kathy, thanks for this "You are light years ahead of where most of us were in this stage of our back issues. I am just amazed at how you are getting things done! You are doing EVERYTHING right. It's amazing what you can do, when you set your mind to it." I certainly don't feel like I'm even up to speed, let alone light years ahead. I have watched so many people trot off to Stenum in the past year, and come back with wonderful results, as I sat here waiting for a doctor to phone me back...and waited...and waited...

I have spent all my energy for over a year, trying to put together an appeal for the Provincial Insurance to pay for that trip, and now, with it just three weeks away, I may have to put in a new application for Dr. Bitan. If he is able to provide me with evidence that I need this surgery that will over turn the Provincial Insurance, then I will go with him, especially after the reviews I have gotten here. (Thank you everyone!) It has been a full time job, but I think it has been worth it. The Appeal Board said I was a well know name at their office...that it was a 'very active case'. For every snorky letter the Insurance office sent out, I sent ten back It's not over, but I've learned lots; even if it doesn't work out for me...at least I may be able to help others.

A special thanks to Rosy, who showed me the light...she has been giving me the names of all these doctors over the past month or so, and urging me to contact them. I had been on a one track mission for so long, I hadn't looked at other options, not thinking I had any.

This website is a godsend. Without it, I would still be struggling along on my own, trying to research things on the net with the few hours a day I could stand sitting. You have turned into such good friends, all of you. I think we should plan a get-together some day soon to celebrate our successes.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.