Thread: How??
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 02:18 PM

Mary, I am soooo sorry. I have always thanked the lord above that my back problems hit after my daughters had grown up. I would not have been able to cope at all otherwise.

My only suggestion would be to find some pain meds that don't wipe you out so badly. I went through about six different kinds that almost put me in the hospital from side effects before my PM doctor switched me to short acting Morphine (Statex). It made me a bit drowsy at the beginning, but I can function much better on that than anything else. I certainly would be able to look after a child with it. Driving isn't such a good idea though

That may be your answer. I can't even take long acting morph, as it has almost no effect on me, so I am just up 3 or 4 times a night...have to for bladder problems anyway, so just take the meds at the same time. And it is a very effective drug too.

Hang in there, my dear. It will get better, somehow, someway. Hugs.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.

Last edited by Katie; 04-04-2009 at 02:20 PM.