Thread: How??
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 05:02 PM

How did your husband die? I am so sorry for you. You will need to find a good pain management doctor, let him know that you are nursing and, don't wait for a referral. The doctor you are going to now does not seem sensitive to your pain levels. I live in rural Michigan and we have pain clinics up here so I know that they are very prevalent. I am including the following article to show that there is an alternative for you:
Pregnant or Breastfeeding? Buprenorphine, Suboxone, Subutex or Methadone - Safe for Baby and Mom?
Please do not mistake that I am calling you an addict. I am only making the correlation of the use of certain drugs that are known to be safer with women in pregnancy or after delivery. According to this article, Methadone is the preferred choice of medication to use when a woman is pregnant and the mother is addicted to opiates. How this applies to you is that Methadone can be a very good pain reliever. It is very important that you see a competent pain management program as the dosing of Methadone for pain is tricky and needs to be done carefully. Methadone is a long acting opiate that requires infrequent dosing which may be better for you while nursing. If you need any further assistance please let us know. Hang in there and we are all pulling for you. God be with you and your baby.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5