View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 05:16 AM

Default 3-28-2008

Phylly and JL,

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Phylly, I have a lawyer and now I think I need a different one.
I am just going to keep doing everything to get this covered. In my eyes, my insurance company is one of the worse insurance companies anyone can ever have.

As for recovery, saw my doctor, on Thursday and he said I was progressing well. That I looked a lot better than when he saw me last week in the hospital. LOL.
I am getting the picture that recovery is a slow process. I got some Lidocaine patches for an abdominal pain to the left of my incision and it really does help to put a strip there.
I asked the doctor about distraction pains, because so many seem to encounter them after ADR surgery and he said my hip/back pain could be that. I am now just over two weeks post op.
No physical therapy for now and just continue what I have been doing. I just kind of putter around the house.
I see my vascular surgeon on Monday and see what he says. I got my bandage off and now I just have a small scar and it is underneath my belly button because my L4/5 was higher than normal. It is amazing they can do all that work through a tiny space.
I am really happy I did the ADR surgery and know in my heart it was the best thing to do for me. My surgeons agree.
A great thing happened today, I was a little (lot) depressed and right when I felt the worse, I got a phone call from a friend.
Made all the difference.

In about three and half weeks, go to doc again and get X-rays done. I am curious to see what the Disc looks like. I had x-rays in the hospital but did not get to see them.

Here's to everyone progressing in their recoveries.

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 04:24 PM.