View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 05:53 AM

Default 6-11-2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 11, 2008--
Three months since disc surgery at L4/5. Just started physical therapy this week and had some today and now I am sore.
Cutting back on meds slowly.

I am happy with my pain levels for this point in recovery but I am not happy with how big my stomach is.
I gained at least 8 pounds in one week and I think it is the neurotin. I look about five months pregnant. I've had people ask me if I am expecting. Anyone out there have this problem?

I saw the neurosurgeon on June 2 and i asked to get off the Neurotin but got a "no" to that question. He wants me weaning one med at a time, which makes sense. I seem to have only right foot nerve pain so the neurotin is probably helping that.

Fatigue level is better but I am still needing to take mid-day naps.
I just get so darn tired.
Of course taking care of children doesn't help. School is almost out.

I still have problems with constipation and that is maybe why i resemble the Michellin tire boy. I think having the ileus after surgery hasn't helped.

A slow recovery but progress being made. Not using brace anymore since, May 31.

Surgery was definitely worth it.

Right now, I have a hard time believing I will be back to work by September. There is no way I am going to push this recovery.

I like how some doctors say people have no restrictions. Does that mean people can go from zero to sixty. My doc isn't like that.

Restrictions now are no lifting more than 15-20 pounds and if it feels heavy; can bend but not too much, no twisting, can stationary bike, small stomach crunches, physical therapy, and walking.

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 05:05 PM.