View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 05:56 AM

Default 6-12-2008

Hi,
I am so glad that you are doing so well and really appreciate your writing style and honesty describing your recovery. At 6 months post op I am doing okay most days and go out and do errands and try to treadmill every other day. I do wear my brace after the blip I had and want to go to PT again, but I got a No on that for now. I still also have pain but it's very low.
I also have sciatica which was not helped by the surgery so I have a dilemma about having the foramina surgery. I may go for one more injection first. The nuerontin definitely does not help with weight loss. I am on a lot and it makes you hungry.
I am still waiting to hear from Blue Cross after I submitted another round of bills from the hospital. I will probably go ahead with a lawyer to write to Blue Cross. It is such a pain to try to get money after the surgery. It is also expensive and we both have had to pay so much. I wish you the best on getting back your money. Eventually this will be covered; they are SO LAME.
KEEP UP THE GREAT RECOVERY, 3 months seemed like a turning point for me I hope it is for you too.
Phylly
Prodisc ADR surgery L4-L5-S1 November 2007 Dr. Delamarter
Decompression surgery L4-S1 for left sided sciatica July 2008
Continued back pain, looking at possible fusion
Removal of Prodiscs and L4-S1 fusion February 2009

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 05:07 PM.