View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 06:33 AM

Default 7-23-2008

Yes, bunionettes on the little toes. I figure I might as well do it since I have to lay low for a few weeks anyway. I have school district group insurance and since I did not work in the same district for 10 consecutive years I will be losing my insurance. I had worked for 17 years but had to take an early retirement or totally fall apart. I feel in a rush to get all my medical issues dealt with this year. (Mentally this is the last one) You are smart to try to go back to work in the time frame you have. I am sure by next June if you have to wait, you will be great!

I also love the pilates reformer but that is what used to cause my leg to burn. Even though I have all my sciatic symptoms I am hoping they will get better when the swelling in my back goes down. It sometimes feels like a pin sticking in my butt-ouch.

Paul, if this helps, look for a PT that has had experience with people with ADR's. I asked at each place I called if they saw other patients with artificial discs. I had a lot of interesting answers. Dr. D. also had a list in a book with PT's in different areas. That might be a place to start. I would definitely make sure I went to someone with experience because it is easy to mess up in the beginning by going to fast. Good luck finding someone.
Phylly
Prodisc ADR surgery L4-L5-S1 November 2007 Dr. Delamarter
Decompression surgery L4-S1 for left sided sciatica July 2008
Continued back pain, looking at possible fusion
Removal of Prodiscs and L4-S1 fusion February 2009

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 05:26 PM.