View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 06:57 AM

Default 9-16-2008

Hi everybody,

Had my six month check-up today and it sure doesn't seem like six months ago that I got my Pro-disc at L4/L5.
Time does fly.
This isn't exactly how I pictured I would feel at six months, but this is one heck of a roller-coaster recovery.
The good news is that my Pro-disc is working perfectly and the x-rays look great.
The not so great news is that I cannot go back to work at this time as I have increased back pain and sciatica. The sciatica started 10 days ago and hasn't abated. Also have numbness in both lower legs/feet and right upper leg. Kind of comes and goes to different spots.

So going into this appointment today, I knew I had some nerve irritation, just not what was causing it.

y Dr. thinks it is from micro tear(s) in another disc. He told me this can happen after ADR surgery.

So I was told to ice, take Aleve (I have already started that), walk and skip PT for the rest of the week, to try to calm this down.

I hope this is just another bump in the road and not something more.

Has anyone had something similar happen to them? I see the doc in 4-5 weeks and take it from there. It doesn't sound that bad, but to get back similar symptoms that I had before surgery is kind of scary.

I didn't miss the numb feet and shins and whatever.
The doc said something about phonophoresis or something they can do in physical therapy. Luckily, I have a good PT and I can continue PT.

Though, I am kind of on the stop-the-train-I-want-to-get-off mode. You go through major surgery and you want to just get better and leave behind the stuff you had before surgery.
I really enjoyed going for a walk for an hour. That was fun in its way, this isn't.

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 05:35 PM.