View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 07:41 AM

Default 10-22-2008

I hope you can get answers and resolution to your current situation with your legs, feet, the numbness and tingling issues. I would say if your gut is telling you it's time to go back to the doctor with your questions, then do it. Whether it's normal or not, you need answers and reassurance, if nothing else. Peace of mind is golden. I totally am on the same page as you when it comes to the frustration of not being in shape, nor getting to be as athletic as I am used to being. It's just a very hard place to be. I try to focus on the good, the positives, keep my "can do" attitude in check, but it doesn't mean it's easy. My one daughter-in-law and I were at lunch one day, and she was remarking on how my son was telling her how active and athletic I used to be, and it occurred to me, that both my daughter-in-laws have only known me since the bicycle accident, along with my chronic pain, and all my limitations. It made me sad and kind of depressed. But, then it later motivated me. I will not stay stuck in this place. I have to get a strong back to hold my future grand-daughter. Period. Every day is a new day. New hope. New beginnings. Chances. I will hold these same thoughts for you, as you seek answers and hope to move forward with your healing process.
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 right hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. Bertagnoli, 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF and Laminectomy of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement that leaked thru onto S1 nerve root.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion. Hospitalized 1 wk.
Wear bone growth stimulator 2 hrs per day.

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 06:28 PM.