View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 07:47 AM

Default 10-23-2008

re: mylogram

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
I had a CT mylogram about 4-5 months after my ADR surgery because of some serious back pain. The Dr. was able to find the cause but the procedure set my nerves off and I needed to take a medrol pack (cortisone) after that to settle things down. You know that since the second decompression surgery I have some serious sciatica and tingling in both legs plus sacral back pain through the roof at times. My Dr.'s. PA just ordered an MRI with contrast to look at the area. The articles I have read on failed back surgery and arachnoiditis talks about nerve scarring and clumping caused by too many procedures. Of course this info just scares me to death so BE CAREFUL is really what I wanted to say. MRI's are not invasive and they can still see a lot of the area. I do not know much about facet problems and am going to look that up also. I do more bending than I should and since I had that lower L5-S1 done I am concerned about over-bending that area. I hope that you continue to heal but also try not to overdo the exercise in case that is causing your sciatica.
Phylly
Prodisc ADR surgery L4-L5-S1 November 2007 Dr. Delamarter
Decompression surgery L4-S1 for left sided sciatica July 2008
Continued back pain, looking at possible fusion
Removal of Prodiscs and L4-S1 fusion February 2009

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 06:52 PM.