View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 07:56 AM

Default 10-29-2008

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:

Getting closer to Halloween.
Had a lot of numbness and tingling in my legs and feet today.
Don't know if it is partly due to my activities yesteday. I had a 15 minute freebie massage and the massager pressed hard on my lower vertebrae and I kind of decided right then and there that I could skip the massage in the future. Ouch.
She told me she could work out my trigger spots in three one-hour sessions. I think she would be a miracle worker because i had massages before my current back problem and that person took several sessions to work out the kinks and they were never quite worked out. Now I know why, because my L4/5 vertebra was deteriorating. There was no stopping that. The bases were loaded with no outs and Hank Aaron was at the plate.

Anyhows, I get to have an MRI on Halloween. Won't show L4/5 but will show other discs. They need to make discs so you can see your whole back on an MRI. Oh, well. I get new x-rays too. I will be positively glowing on Halloween. LOL.

Doctor spoke about switching from Gabapentin to Lyrica. Not yet though.

My son's coach had a knee replacement about same time as my surgery and he has carpal tunnel problems in both hands and he was talking about having to go back to doctor because his hands were swollen and he said once you get in the medical system it is like prison--they won't let you out.

I feel a little like that. I keep comparing my life before excruciating back pain to my life now. Things can really change on a dime.
I miss my old life.
Just as I was getting back to some semblance of normal, it was snatched away from me. Hopefully it is a minor bump in the road, but I don't know. Just having sciatica and numbness which is 10 x's worse than last time makes me wonder.

Won't have to wonder very much longer though.

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 07:04 PM.