View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:13 AM

Default 11-12-2008

taken me a while to answer you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phylly,

I feel for you. It is tough going to the docs and firing questions at them. A good doc should answer your questions as long as you don't try to ask 200 ones in one appointment. I usually jot down about five questions, but a couple of appointments ago, I didn't and I should have.

Then two weeks later, i ended going back and saying that's not right. This is how i feel and so forth.

Your doctor should listen to you as you are the one experiencing pain as long as you make it clear to him what is going on.

What was strange about your suggestions?
And how are your MRIs weird? Sounds kind of funny...sorry.
Re the myleongram see TConnors post. I have to check where I read about the leaking fluid.

My doc was very understanding when i saw him last. I got the MRI and i had an appointment on Friday, but he has to do a surgery that day because he was out sick last week. So I have to wait a little longer for the results., but will see him next week.

Nothing much has changed. I still have sciatica and I can feel the Gabapentin wear off. I don't know how you can take that much Gab, that is twice as much as I take. How do you stay awake? The problem is I am getting so sleepy taking the Gabapentin.
It really helps with the nerve pain. I seem to have less thigh pain so that is good. I can't really tell how bad it is because it is masked by the Gabapentin. I still have some pain creep in like the plantar fascia pain which usually comes out of the blue while I am sitting on the couch and such.

I have days where it is better and the next day, might be awful. I am mainly taking the Gabapentin, aleve and tylenol for pain. If I really hurt bad i can take a narcotic but I haven't had to do that much since I increased the Gab.

I have read up again on sciatica and it all seems like the major cause is a disc herniation. I can't get around that but I am prone to some wishful thinking. I don't like the prospect of future treatment.

Are your sciatica (radiculopathy) symptoms similar? Are they getting worse or staying the same? I have for the most part, very low level back pain. It can get worse but it gets better too.

I think I sent you a PM a while back. I know if you are like me, you forget to check your PMs. It has been showing that you haven't opened it. I can't even remember what I wrote.