View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:22 AM

Default 11-22-2008

Chasswen,

I had distraction pains after surgery and they lasted a while. Sometime after surgery, I had some minimal numbness in my feet and not much back pain. Then something seemed to happen and two weeks later I had the sciatica I have now and a whole lot of numbness.
The sciatica feels like little knives in my hamstring. I will get plantar fascia problems out of the blue that come and go. My foot doctor says my L4 nerve which runs under my foot is irritated. I can feel the irritation from my ankle up my shin.
I do think I might have facet aches given my backache.

I don't know, a month or so ago, it was my right foot falling almost completely asleep now it is my left foot and some numbness in my right foot. The hamstring pain is primarily on the right.
l'm just tingly all over.

I wasn't bone to bone before surgery but I had shrunk about an inch. In October at the discogram, my disc height I think was still pretty good, but on the other hand, I did feel like I was getting worse from that point on. And my doctor did make me sign a consent for fusion. Luckily, I didn't have fusion.

Just one more road block on the road to health.

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 07:45 PM.