View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:26 AM

Default 11-23-2008

LBP

numbness issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well beore surgery I had numbness in my heels. And some pain behind my ankles which was a offshoot nerve from the sural nerve that goes behind back outside ankle and down behind and under out foot. I took Gabpentine and that helped. Just one a day.

I had surgery for annular tears at l4/5 and l5/s1.

Post surgery I had unbearable pain and numbness in my left big toe. That resolved for the most part but once in awhile I get a shoot pain in the left big toe during PT or after massage. Since I've been sitting more, I have a constant numbness in my left quad. If I stand in one place for more than 15-20 minutes my enitre left leg goes numb like it's fallen asleep.

Now, I've taken more than a week off of work to calm things down, with tons of PT, and outside massage.

Just yesterday, I was sitting on the exercise ball to pay a few bills and wrote one short postcard to my niece and both my feet feel asleep!

I don't necessarily think that you have new l5/s1 problems, Maybe you are overdoing things like me and our nerves and muscles are not healed yet.

None of my MRIs showed tears...at least according to all those early treaters. It was only after a discogram with MRI taken immediately after discogram...could see fuild from diskogram flowing out of my discs. Even my last MRI taken by my reg treater in WI before going to 2 level prodisc surgery in CA, the lab report made it seem like I was healthy HA!

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop