View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:28 AM

Default 11-25-2008

Sounds similar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrienne and LBP,

Some of these things sound familiar.
My left leg fell asleep when I was voting. My feet go numb after the elyptical trainer, when I am sitting on our couch, when i put my feet up to ice my back in PT, when I walk, when I sit at our kitchen table.
Today, it was the left foot, the lateral (outer) part of my shin, less numbness in my right foot, some numbness on the anterior (inner) part of my shin.
I don't mind my left foot numbness because I can drive with minimal numbness in my right foot.

My PT thinks something is impinging on a nerve. I think so too, but who knows.
I have decided to increase my activity since some of the symptoms seem to be better and my MRI and x-rays don't show anything.

I really need to loose the weight I have gained and weight loss in turn will help my back. I figure if things don't get drastically worse, the extra exercise won't bother me. I have numbness whether I do things or not. The back pain is manageable and not too bad.
I see the doc in six weeks, so we will see.

I see my foot doc next week and will show him the MRIs and x-rays. I think going back on Celebrex will help as an antinflammatory. The aleve is not as good I believe.

I think if I had an annular tear it would have been picked up since I had the MRI with and without contrast.
Been sitting too long, 10 minutes.
So talk to you later.

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 07:53 PM.