View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:42 AM

Default 12-10-2008

Hi Terry,

I think first I have to find out where the sciatic nerve is being compressed because in my mind there is no question that it is being compressed.

I think a CT spinal mylegram would show that but if i can't have that the alternative is to try different injections--epidural and facet.
I will just push for something because being in pain and having this sciatica isn't doing me any good.

As for the Lyrica, Bc will not cover Lyrica, only Gabapentin. And I had a little trouble getting across to them that I needed the gabapentin six times a day. At first they balked at that and I had to explain to the pharmacy that they (Bc) better cover the Gabapentin. So stupid.

I did stop taking Aleve in favor of Celebrex. My cardiologist, the last time I saw him, said there was nothing wrong with me taking Celebrex so I opted for it since the Aleve was bothering my stomach and I think Celebrex is a better antiinflammatory. Surgeon didn't want me taking the Celebrex because of the cardiac warning, but too bad.

I am starting to kind of get mad about my circumstance because I expected a little bit better.
Terry are you getting epidurals or facet blocks?
How can you tell that the facets are inflammed or the problem?
What kind of symptoms do you get with sitting?
I am sitting on the couch right now but it is kind of reclining and is not like a chair and I often put my feet up. But with this position, I have the sciatica and my both my feet are kind of burny and numb. The only pins and needle sensations I get are in my feet.

My podiatrist put extra heel lifts on my orthodics to take off pressure on the sciatic nerve but they are causing me knee pain and my PT said raising my heel can put pressure on the facets. So I took them off tonight primarily because of knee pain.

As for the Gabapentin, I wonder if i have narcolepsy. Just kidding but I am so tired during the day and have to really make an effort not to fall back to sleep. I wish B covered Lyrica. I feel like I am a closet sleeper because like this weekend during the day, I laid down and slept for four hours or so. At least that is what my husband told me, I wasn't counting hours.

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 08:27 PM.