View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:43 AM

Default 12-10-2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be getting facet injections and SI joint injections. I am scheduled for the 15th which is a miracle. My primary physician is out the whole month of December so I thought I was SOL until she got back after the start of the year. We are going on vacation for the holidays next Thursday so I have a 10 plus hour drive ahead of me. I wanted to be comfortable as it is such a long drive. Sometimes the injections have taken up to three weeks to kick in but I will get them anyway. She is a master with a needle. Her husband is my medical director for my clinic but he is not as gentle with a needle. She has the touch.

I just hope her medical partner is just as good.

I have burning and tingling in my left foot. It comes and goes but, sometimes it is quite intense. With the lumbar area acting up it also makes the cervical area hurt. I also have a hard time sitting comfortably and it hurts in my sit bone and my lower back. So I think we have it nailed to about four injections.

I have not been on Lyrica for way over one year. I was also almost entirely off of the Suboxone. I was on 4 Mg per day but have to ramp it up a little for the current pain I am in.

I am hoping that this temporary patch is just that; temporary.

You hang in there. I hope you have good holidays as well.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 08:28 PM.