View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 12:31 AM

Default Best wishes to Dr. J

You have been so helpful to everyone on this site! I'm glad to hear you have a surgery date with Dr. B. May will be here before you know it! You (and Terry) know much more than most of us about pain and medications.....hopefully you and your dr. will be able to control most of your pain without too many side effects until the problem is fixed. You mentioned that your fentanyl dose was doubled? I was on high doses of fentanyl.....it was fairly effective at controlling my pain..... but feeling fuzzy headed with fatigue and loss of appetite were a high price to pay. Please keep everyone here updated......we all care about you and your health. Obviously impossible.....but wouldn't it be nice if all of us spine patients lived close enough to each other to provide personal support to each other? I wish I could send you some homemade chicken soup right now! Speaking of soup and appetite.....for any of you dealing with nausea or loss of appetite......I found a new product "Muscle Milk Protein Shakes".....you can get them by the case at Costco. Pretty tasty for a pre made liquid meal (1000 x better than Ensure) and it has 20 grams of protein which is sometimes hard to get enough of if you don't feel like eating. Healing hugs to you. We will all be looking forward to your recovery. Melody
1975-scoliosis surgery,Harrington Rods, fused T2 to L4
Felt great in 20's and 30's....late 30's started having chronic neck and lower back pain. By 40 pain worsened enough to begin seeking surgical solutions.

ADR surgery much easier recovery than fusion!
This site has been a great source of information for me! I would be happy to help anyone who has questions.