View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 08:53 AM

Default thinking and praying for you

Justin,

You really couldn't have gotten a more complicated spine problem. I believe doctors and nurses make the worse patients.

You are only a month out from surgery and i am sure the time will go quickly as you are busy. It is good that the doc raised your pain meds. Despite what they say about opoids and pain meds, I don't know how we could function without them. I react strongly with the pain meds too and was really nauseous after I first took percocet and then it gradually dissipated.
I think pain meds can be a godsend as I don't think it is good for people to live in pain.

As for going through this, it WILL make you a better doctor, make you have more empathy for your patients. I think my problems have made me a better nurse and person but I could have escaped the drama and the pain.
Now, I have to deal with a perfectly good MRI and all these back and leg symptoms. I keep wondering what the heck is going on?

At least now, you have your answers and Dr. B has a plan of attack. I mean that is half the battle. The rest will be with you, healing after surgery. Think of it this way, you are young and relatively healthy and you should heal quickly. Dr. B seems to be the best doc in the world for spines so you will be in good hands.

Try not to worry too much and here's to a complication-free surgery and a good recovery. (cheers)

Kim