View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 08:27 PM

Mary, Is this a steroid shot that is supposed to relieve pain? I've had a number of them, and if it the same thing, it is hard to describe.

First the doctor put in a numbing agent, a freezing medication so that the 'big' injection doesn't hurt. It is a weird feeling....your legs go sort of tingly and numb at the same time. It was done on me while I was sitting up, but I had to lay down afterwards or else I would have fallen when I got off the table.

It felt like I was walking on rubber legs when I finally was allowed to go.

Yes, it did hurt a bit, but not anything like having children It is more like an intake of breath sort of pain, at least for me. Remember, every one is different.

I truly hope that this works for you. It didn't for me, after the second one, but I have a relative who has only had one a year, and it helped immensely.

Good luck with it, and let us know how it went.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.