View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 07:39 PM

I guess my experience mirrors Eastex. The numbing injection felt like a sting and then the steroid just felt like pressure. I was not asked to pee in a cup before hand, and only went if I needed to go.

And I guess since I was not put out for it, I could eat and drink before hand, as normal. Though, I usually ate light, since I wasn't sure that to expect and didn't want to feel sick.

But I was told to take it easy the rest of the day. You aren't allowed to drive, someone had to go with me. My doctor didn't want me working the rest of the day, and told me to go easy with stairs and rest. Someone on another forum said that it is really helpful to lie down most of the day, to keep the steroid where it was injected. But you should be able to go back to normal activity the next day.

One thing I found helpful was to take a small pillow with me, to put under my lower back on the drive home afterwards. And then icing (no heat) of the injection site, and laying down pretty much the rest of the day.

One place I went, they have you gown up and everything, I preferred this. Because the other place I had it done, they just had me go in in my clothes, luckily I wore a dress, which they just hiked up, pulled down my underwear and did the injection. I didn't really like that.

They keep you for a little while after, to make sure you are feeling all right. And make sure that you can feel your legs and feet, enough that you can hold your own weight. It is normal for you to have a little bit of numbness in your legs or feet, but it shouldn't last too long.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone