Thread: Never again
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 04:15 AM

Hi Justin,

I also just popped in and was catching up with everyone. I just passed my 8 week mark! I have many good days and then I get an off one now and then. Overall I can see progress because I am getting antsy about really cooking dinner and baking. My husband is so excited not to have take out. Today was absolutely gorgeous here in So. Calif. and I went down to the beach to do my walk. Keeping active seems to be the key although if I do too much I still get exhausted. I, like some other spineys have other issues so exercising sometimes makes my t-spine hurt. I have a weird T7-8 4cm bulge that presses on my cord when I walk too hard and I pulled a leg muscle last week so it has aggravated my back but it's much better today. I have to find out why lying on my back hurts. I wonder if it is the screw or hardware pressing in my muscles? The Princess and the Pea, is what my husband calls me. Getting my stamina back is definitely an ongoing process. I seem to need a lot of sleep. I wonder if it is the Forteo?

Wearing my brace is getting old and I feel ready to start weaning out of it. It's funny how your body tells you when to start doing things like that. It has been harder to wean off my fentynal patch and other meds. I wonder if I will always have a bit of back pain but time will tell. Sitting is better, I just have to remember to get up and walk around so I don't overdo. I have not been taking long drives yet but we want to go to the mountains in a week. I am going to wait until the last minute to decide. My mood has been much better so I am so thankful for my surgery and I look forward to a less painful life. ( I just may not be able to tie my shoes)

I am on Craigs list all the time looking for a perfect rescue dog for our home. I miss having a dog and I thought that walking it would help me. I may be crazy for wanting to have a dog or two; I guess it is that mothering instinct. I wouldn't have thought of wanting a dog a year ago so this is progress. Well you asked for it, this is my most up to date rambly post thus far.

I am always reading about you and hope that your surgery will go well and the date ill be here before you know it. You also need to be getting back to your life and career. Thank you so much for checking in with me, I have been bad about posting even though I try to keep up with everyone else's. I look forward to hearing more about you!
Phylly
Discogram concordant pain @L4-S1 Aug. 07
Prodisc ADR's at L4-S1 November 2007
Foraminotomy July 08 for Sciatica
Continued problems and back pain worsened
Prodiscs removed and discs fused at L4-S1 Feb. 09