View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 05:02 AM

Moving is good but rest is good too. Steady progress is the key. At 3 weeks out I started visiting construction sites and was ready to climb some stuff but I was held back by everybody and it was echoed what the surgeon said to me: "Always use the handrail" (this was said by Dr. Zeegers) and not take a chance on slipping, stumbling, falling, miss stepping. Anything jarring on the spine. He told me to pretend to be very old and not to worry about what others think. It was hard but at the same time I had read the progress reports and comments on these pages as well and there is one consensus. Careful and steady progress, just a little more every other day. Listen to your body if it hurts, then stop.

I really kile lazyboys, my wife bought me an electric one before surgery because I could not pull levers or rock back etc. I wish I had one where ever I go.

The breaking the pill in half strategy sounds excellent if that works for you. I would rather try that then switch to a different med unless nessesary. you could even start with 3/4 pill.