View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 05:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to Blairsara

Hey Poncho
I’m sorry I wasn’t able to respond until now but I kind of put my life on hold the past few weeks and I am now catching up.

Glad to make you feel like you’re included. I’m glad to hear about Dr. B, I still have to fill out that form and send it back to them. Time kind of stopped once finals came around, and I am now getting everything back in order and organized.

Thanks for sharing about your story on how you injured your back, it’s never a short story huh? Mine definitely isn’t. I’m sorry that you had to deal with work comp people, I’ve heard that it isn’t a very pleasant experience, and from listening to your experience it definitely wasn’t… so I’m sorry.
How long did you spend in Europe after having the two level ADR? Was that hard for you having such an invasive procedure and then having to fly back to the states? I am so glad to hear that it has improved your quality of life. I definitely believe that is what we all are looking for – a better quality of life from what we are dealing with now; something, anything, that will make us feel just a tad bit better. And I am so happy to hear that you found that answer.

Thank you for saying that I am an inspiration, those words definitely make me feel that how I am approaching this whole situation is the right way and really the only way. This is the first time that I haven’t had anything on my mind in a while and only my back to think about. Let’s just say that last week wasn’t that great of a week but now I’m over it. I randomly go through these spurts where I’m in a “funk” for a week and then I pull myself out. I think that with this one, after having the rhizo and then not really being able to fully recover b/c I had to study for my finals, and then sitting through two 6 hour exams I was just worn out and exhausted. I think that really what gets me through going to law school and being in constant pain is that I am always busy and really don’t have time to concentrate on the pain (or at least I don’t let myself concentrate on it).

Congrats on being back in school and that you’re soon to graduate! That’s awesome. I hope you had a wonderful holiday whatever you celebrate – Hanukah, Christmas, Kwansa – and that you have a wonderful new year!!

Also, I just finished my first semester of my first year at law school and you got it about the contracts!!!

Blair
Spondylolisthesis
1/04 fall in Vegas
1/04-5/04 epiderals
6/24/04 Charite L5/S1
10/04-present new pain from facet joints caused by Charite; 10 facet blocks
12/06 rhizotomy left side
3/07 rhizotomy right side
5/10/2007 Charite removed, anterior IF, posterior instrumentation
180 mg MS-contin; Oxycodone; 16 mg Zanaflex