View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 09:06 PM

Hey, Kathy. Funny stuff...well, today is a hellish day of pain so I've been surfing the net all day and checking the forum here and there.

Anyway, this is a great resource (albeit mostly a no-brainer): Sex and the Back: Taking the Pain Out of Sex.

It's not geared toward post-op, but it might help you. I love how this disclaimer is all over the page: "Please do not try this sexual position without consulting your physician."

Quote:
told my husband I am going to keep a calendar by the damn bed and make him sign in blood when he gets it, so when he goes on his poor me, I haven't got any in months rant, I can remind him that it was last night! What's up with that guys? Has that angle ever worked for you?
Kathy, my explanation is that we are guys. We really are the "idiot" sex, especially when it comes to remembering things such as "getting it." It's in our DNA: men want sex and women want romance. The key is to recognize we both inherently have different needs and then make a point to meet those needs for one another.

By the way, this is a topic that is rarely talked about post-op and I'm glad that you got the discussion going on it. It will benefit many people.
Laminotomy L4/L5 (3.7.97--17 years old)
1999 & 2003 MVA (not at fault both times)
Grade V Tears L4/L5 & L5/L6
2-Level ProDisc® L4/L5 & L5/L6* *lumbosacral transitional vertebra (11.15.03--23 years old)
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli -- dr-bertagnoli.com
Pain-free for the last 4.5 yrs.
5.14.09 DSS with Dr. B.
I'm here to help. Only checking PMs currently.