View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Default Day 4

11:30pm Saturday night. Today was day 4 post-op, 2 days out of hospital. The morning was great! I was treated to an amazing moon set / sunrise from the balcony of room 501....

I was up early, so I went down for breakfast myself and made Diane a tray to bring back to the room. I wish I'd remembered that it was our anniversary, I might have gotten more mileage out of bringing her breakfast in bed.

I felt great through the morning. We went for a long walk. We did not expect it to be so warm so we needed to buy some shorts and sunscreen. After a short rest, we were out again for lunch.

Pretty early in the lunch outing, I hit the 'crossover' point. You are feeling better and better. You are taking less and less meds. Your activity levels are getting higher and higher. Well, it all caught up with me. After lunch, I came back to the room and pretty much slept the rest of the day.

I still feel better than I did before the surgery (an amazing statment for just a few days out!) However, some of the symptoms that were gone are back (at low levels). I have some new symptoms that I'm sure are just due to the rearrangement of my systems. All muscles, ligaments, etc, are being asked to support me in a completly new configuration and some of them are not happy about it.

In any case, I think I'm still way ahead of the game.... just back down closer to earth than I was.

More tomorrow...

Mark

PS... in answer to the question on another thread... after 4-level cervical, 3 days seems perfect.
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org