View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 10:20 PM

Wow, another horsewoman who has also experienced vertigo, mold sensitivity, fentanyl reaction. I feel for you! I had recurrent, chronic vertigo for over a year. (I think that my spine is now somewhat twisted from sleeping on only my left side for so long to avoid the vertigo.)
Anyways, I also had 2 level cervical and 2 level lumbar DDD with cord compression in the cervical. I was lucky enough to be able to afford the recent 2level ADR surgery in Germany which has made my daily life so much better. I also felt sick or dizzy or just not right nearly everyday before the surgery. It was scary to get out of bed each morning not knowing if I would immediately upon standing up feel like puking. I really think it was to a great degree myelopathy related.
I also feel that the diet suspicions are very valid. I don't know what to tell you other than to try an elimination diet. Also, avoiding sugar is really important too. Despite all my problems, my inflammation marker (CRP)is very low, which I attribute to all the supplements I take-ie; fish oil, CoQ10, tumeric, etc etc. and my attempt at eating healthy.
Good luck with getting your surgery approved. I really think it will make a huge difference in your life and is so much a better option than fusion.