View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 04:11 AM

Hi Gil,

I so totally understand your predicament. I have been fighting for what I thought was the right thing...ADR at the bottom three levels, and two ADR at the cervical as well. I am so afraid of the adjacent discs breaking down, and they are well on their way, it seems. The latest doctor did say that the L2/3 was fine though.

Can you get at least one more opinion? That's what changed my mind. I sent my MRIs out to at least three more surgeons, and finally decided that the fusions at the two lowest lumbar levels and then the ADR to take the stress from above would make sense for me. But the last few weeks that I spent coming to this decision were very stressful.

If you would like to chat more, feel free to PM. Since one doctor has no opinion, he doesn't count, does he So you really have only had two so far...time for more!
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.