View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 02:58 PM

Default Consult with Dr. B.

I finally got an email back from Dr. Bertagnoli's office, Dr. Fenk-Mayer specifically.

Quote from the email: "He firmly recommends Pro Disc L at L45 and L56 (with L6S1 is present as a variety, but hypoplastic non-functioning, and not generating any pain)."

No one here has ever specifically said that I have L6S1. It has been noted that I have a lumbarized S1. I assume that is what they are referring to. I trust that Dr. B will get the right discs though, when he does surgery.

I did write back, one because she said I needed a bone density test, and I wrote to say that test result is on my profile, but if she had trouble getting it I would fax it directly to her. The other reason was to ask how she and Dr. B. thought my facets looked, if they would cause future problems (I know they can't say for sure), and also to ask if because of the lumbarized S1, did Dr. B. think fusion at the lower level would be beneficial.

So, hopefully this week, I can get the quote from them and schedule surgery.

I am still waiting to hear from Dr. Regan too. I'd like to get another opinion, just to make sure I am doing the right thing, though I really do trust Dr. Bertagnoli's opinion.

You can't believe how happy I was, when I saw that email.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone