View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 02:12 AM

How long does it take to get an approval for an epidural of sorts for my #!*#& blasted neck?! I met with the neck doc a week ago today. Had the MRI last Tuesday. And the neck team was supposed to contact the fusion team to ok the injection. The neck team tells me they called last thursday to get the ok. The fusion team tells me they never received the call. Today I call the fusion team to see what's up, and the medical secretary has still not arrived for the day, and I called at 3 pm! I call the neck team but nobody returns my freakin' call. So, another day slips away. Tomorrow morning, first thing, I'm gonna start calling these two offices, and give somebody hell. This is absolutely, f______ ridiculous. I'm so sick of incompetent people. This should have been resolved last week! Meanwhile, my stupid neck is shooting pain into my shoulder like a vice grip, and causing numbness down my arm into my hand. I'm chewing muscle relaxants like penny candy. Sorry, I just had to vent. I'm over the top frustrated!
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.

Last edited by Cindylou; 04-14-2009 at 02:13 AM. Reason: correction