View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylly View Post
Any chance they could move you up if they have a cancellation? I am sure that can happen and then you can go sooner. A month is a long time to wait when you are in that much pain. I feel for you.
Phylly
Hi Phylly, as I understand Dr. B's schedule he is taking vacation the next couple of weeks (very rare vacation time). Then, he is headed to London the last week of April to the first of May. I think he also has prior commitments the first week of May, and I start my pre-op testing on 5/12 and I will be admitted to the hospital on 5/13 for surgery on 5/14. Dr. Fenk-Mayer did the best to squeeze me in to his first available date after vacation--she asked for my understanding, and I agreed without questions. Dr. Bertagnoli is probably has the most demanding schedule I've ever heard of--he usually in multiple different countries a week training other surgeons, etc. It's absolutely amazing actually.

Larry, it is great to see you posting. It has been quite some time since we last talked. I'm sorry that you are dealing with stenosis and autofusing at the L4/L5 level. I'm guessing you are experiencing pain as well? I hope your pain is manageable with medication. Please keep me posted on what you hear regarding revision. I wish you the very best.

Maria and Katie, thanks for your very kind words. I try to share what's going on, as when I had my 2-level ADR in 2003 it really helped to read the stories of others to know what to expect / what options were available / receive support / not feel alone facing surgery. Surgery is a life-changing event and I can't imagine not "giving back" to help others that may be in my situation, or one similar, down the road.

Cathy, thanks for your support...I do hope this is my last surgery for quite some time. These keep getting in the way of living my life.
Laminotomy L4/L5 (3.7.97--17 years old)
1999 & 2003 MVA (not at fault both times)
Grade V Tears L4/L5 & L5/L6
2-Level ProDisc® L4/L5 & L5/L6* *lumbosacral transitional vertebra (11.15.03--23 years old)
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli -- dr-bertagnoli.com
Pain-free for the last 4.5 yrs.
5.14.09 DSS with Dr. B.
I'm here to help. Only checking PMs currently.