View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 01:05 PM

Yeah, thanks runner. I get frustrated when I do take the bull by the horns, make the calls, and still find myself not making progress. Waiting, waiting, waiting. Because I tend to be more like you, jumping in to advocate for myself to make things happen. When I still face a blockade, I get sooooo frustrated.

As an example, several years ago my pain levels were so bad, I could hardly walk. It was Christmas Eve and my husband had to take me to the ER. They ended up admitting me to get things under control. They were wanting a copy of a recent MRI I had had, but kept saying they couldn't get through. My pain levels were getting under control from the medication, and I became so frustrated at the ineptness, I called the facility myself, gave them the fax number of the hospital (I had asked a nurse), waited a few minutes for the fax to come through, then got up and went to the nurses station and told them I had a fax to pick up. When my assigned nurse came in and told me she still had not gotten through, I just handed her my MRI document. My Mother was there, and I'll never forget the look on her face. She couldn't believe I just "handled it." She said something to the effect of, you babyboomers, you don't take no for an answer, you just get it done. And that she would have never even thought to take it to the next level of action like I did. She thoroughly enjoyed witnessing that and we ended up having a good laugh over it, in the end.

So, in 30 minutes I will start badgering the powers to be again, so I can get this neck injection done. Thanks again for the support!

Cindylou (I hope you get answers and resolution too, runner, to your current predicament)
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.